Sony’s annual Kando Trip is usually reserved for the “Alpha Family” of press, ambassadors, and influencers. But this year, given the ongoing pandemic, Sony is turning Kando Trip into Kando Everywhere: an online event that’s free for anyone who’s interested.
The two-day digital event will take place this weekend, August 15th and 16th, and registration opened to everyone earlier today. Sony is billing this as a “like-no-other virtual event that will challenge you as a photographer and filmmaker, connect you with the creator community, and get you excited for what’s ahead.”
As for how they’ll do that, highlights will include:
- 45+ exclusive classes, workshops and live Q&A sessions
- A chance to learn from industry-leading instructors
- Portfolio review sessions
- Interactive trivia with iJustine and Jenna Ezarik
- Keynote speakers from SeaLegacy and Art of Visuals
- Networking opportunities with Sony Alpha ambassadors and members of the creative community
You can see the full itinerary below:
Some of the teachers involved:
And some of the workshops that will be offered:
Sony is also giving away a bunch of freebies—including one year of Adobe Creative Cloud, one year of Sony Professional Services, and a Sony a7S III + 24-70mm lens kit—and if you want, you can submit your portfolio for the chance to have your images reviewed live on the air.
To learn more or if you’d like to register for the Sony event, head over to the Kando Everywhere website.